Summary: An NDT Assistant’s main function is to learn all aspects of inspection services from a Technician. They perform equipment set-up and calibrations and make evaluations.
Education and experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Technical education classes
- Familiarity of nondestructive testing methods basics
- Knowledge of nondestructive testing equipment
- Assist with nondestructive testing equipment set-up.
- Assist in calibrating nondestructive testing equipment.
- Assist in applying testing criteria in accordance with procedures and standards
- Assist in preforming other job-related tasks as assigned by certified inspector/technician.
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to follow directions and procedures
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds
- Ability to perform in both inside and outside environmental conditions