Computer Based Testing Questions
Customers in the United States schedule and take all written exams through a computer based system. Beginning in January 2017, customers outside the United States will transition to CBT exams.
ASNT has partnered with Pearson VUE to leverage their worldwide network of thousands of centers. The implementation of CBT strengthens ASNT commitment to serving the NDT community worldwide. By offering CBT, you can take an exam at a date, time and location that is convenient. The computer-based testing environment also offers immediate results.
ASNT has enhanced MyASNT and our internal process to better serve the applicant. A unique email address will allow us to better communicate with you and allow you to visit MyASNT and track process of your certification application.
Pearson VUE provides computer-based testing for information technology, academic, government and professional testing programs around the world. Pearson VUE provides a full suite of services from test development to data management, and delivers exams through the world's most comprehensive and secure network of test centers in 175 countries.
Before you can schedule your examination, you must have already:
- Submitted your examination application for certification through ASNT
- Paid your certification and examination fees in full
- Been notified by ASNT that your application has been processed and approved
- Been notified by Pearson VUE that you are authorized to schedule your examination
You can schedule your examination online or by phone. When scheduling online you will need to create an account including login and password with Pearson Vue. You will be able to pick a site that is close to you, including any ASNT’s Partner locations.ACCP program applicants, please note: your practical exam must be scheduled at an ASNT AEC location
You will still need to create an account with Pearson Vue and select the AEC or ASNT Partner at that time.
You will be required to present two forms of original (no photo copies), valid (unexpired) IDs; one form as a primary ID (government issued with name, recent recognizable photo, and signature) and one form as a secondary ID (with at least a name and signature, or name and recent recognizable photo). Carefully review the ID requirements prior to your exam appointment using this link. You will be required to take a photo prior to beginning the exam.
Pearson VUE test center staff will match the name on your ID to the name in their system (your name as it appears within your ASNT Account). The name on your ID must match exactly, with a few exceptions:
- A hyphen is used on one document but not on another. (Disregard the hyphen). Example: Sarah Johnson Wells OR Sarah Wells are both acceptable matches for Sarah Johnson-Wells
- Sara Johnson and Sara Myers are individually acceptable as the same person when compared to Sara Johnson-Myers, Sara Johnson Myers, Sara Myers-Johnson, and Sara Myers Johnson because one of the names, either the registration or the ID, has both last names.
- Sara Johnson is not acceptable as Sara Myers without an original marriage certificate, divorce decree, or other legal documentation of a name change since neither name contains both the candidate’s current and former last name.
- Sara Johnson Myers is acceptable for Sara Johnson without an original marriage certificate, divorce decree, or other legal documentation of a name change. If the candidate’s maiden and last names are on their ID, it is acceptable regardless of the order in which they appear.
- Names with initials and reversed names are acceptable
- J Jones and John Jones are acceptable discrepancies
- Jones J and J Jones are acceptable discrepancies
- John Jones and Jones John are acceptable discrepancies
If your ASNT account name doesn’t match your ID’s, please contact ASNT at least 72 hours prior to the exam in order to get your record updated.
We ask that you arrive at the test center 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. This will give you adequate time to complete the necessary sign-in procedures. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late for your appointment, you may be refused admission and exam sitting fees may be forfeited.
No, calculators will be provided with the CBT exam. The calculator is modeled after the Texas Instruments TI-30XS. If you wish to familiarize yourself with the way this calculator functions prior to your exam, please download the Pearson VUE tutorial and practice exam.
Yes. All ASNT exams are administered in written US English. There are five languages available in the online exam dictionary: Arabic, Korean, Mandarin, Spanish and British English. The translation provided represents the single most common usage of the word and we do not guarantee that each translation given will match the intended usage in context of the ASNT certification exam. Here is a sample of the dictionary.
If you wish to reschedule your exam appointment, you must contact Pearson VUE at least two full business days (48 hours) prior to your scheduled appointment. Rescheduling less than 48 hours prior to your appointment may result in forfeiting your certification and exam fees.If you reschedule your exam, please make sure that you receive an email from Pearson VUE confirming the change you requested.
If you wish to cancel your exam appointment, you must contact Pearson VUE at least two full business days (48 hours) prior to your scheduled appointment. Cancelling less than 48 hours prior to your appointment or missing your appointment may result in forfeiting your certification application and exam sitting fees.If you cancel your exam, please make sure that you receive an email from Pearson VUE confirming the change you requested.
To control the cost and ease the payment process for our customers.
The sitting fee will depend on the length of exam.
||Domestic Fee||International Fee
|Practical Exam, per technique
In the United States, paper and pencil exam are only available at ASNT Authorized Exams Centers for IRRSP Examinations through February 28, 2017. You will need to complete a paper application and send in a letter requesting a paper and pencil exam along with your application. Paper and pencil exams will not be offered for any other program in any location.
If we have received your application prior to December 31, 2016, ASNT will send you a proforma invoice for your sitting fees. You must pay the sitting fees in order to schedule your exams. You will receive an email at your primary email address with instructions on how to make payment.
After December 31, 2016 ASNT will contact and let you know the additional amount you need pay. We will not process your application without full payment.
Log into My ASNT and go to the Invoices /Transaction History. Under Open Invoices, an invoice for the sitting fees will be available for payment through the shopping cart. If another means of payment is needed, please send check or wire to the following address and reference your invoice number.
The American Society for Nondestructive Testing, Inc.
1711 Arlingate Lane
Columbus, Ohio 43228