The purpose of the Section Leader Training Travel and Lodging Assistance Grant is to support section leader travel and lodging expenses for the Section Leaders Conference and Regional Planning Meetings. Below is eligibility, limitations and application information. Please review assistance grant Assistance Grant Policy F-11 for complete policy details. Grant application/request is due no later than midnight Saturday, February 29, 2020. Grants received after this date will not be reviewed.
Leader must be an ASNT member.
Leader must hold current or incoming leadership position at local section.
Leaders affiliated with chartered ASNT sections are eligible to apply for grants.
Leaders affiliated with chartered ASNT sections that do not have funds to support leader travel and lodging expenses for SLCs or RPMs are eligible to apply for grants.
Leaders applying for grants must confirm that their affiliated chartered ASNT section has submitted current year’s projected budget reports to ISC.
- Leaders who previously received grant reimbursement to attend SLC or RPM will not be considered for grant in the three (3) years following last SLC or RPM support grant received. (For example: leaders receiving grant in 2019 will not be eligible for grant consideration until 2022).
- No more than two (2) leaders from the same section can receive the grant per SLC or RPM event, per year.
- Leaders affiliated with a section that have a Projected Total Balance in the President’s Award Program Annual Projected Budget of more than $6,000 will not be considered for grant.
- Applications/requests for grants can be in the form of an email or written letter and submitted to the Sections Coordinator at ISC – email@example.com.
- Applications/requests for grants must include:
- member name
- section name
- volunteer role (current or incoming)
- a minimum of fifty (50) words describing why the volunteer leader wants to attend the leadership and management training
- an email or letter of support from the Section Chair
- estimated travel and lodging expenses
- a copy of the section’s current year’s projected budget report
- Grant application/request is due no later than Saturday, 29 February, 2020. Grants received after this date will not be reviewed.
- Grant submissions received from someone other than the grant applicant will not be considered
For questions about the policy, please contact Debbie Segor at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 614-274-6003, ext. 235.