The purpose of the Section Leader Training Travel and Lodging Assistance Grants is to support section leader travel and lodging expenses for the Section Leaders Conference and Regional Planning Meetings. Up to ten (10) grants are available to support section leader travel and lodging to the upcoming Regional Planning Meetings. Below is eligibility, limitations and application information. Please review Policy F-11 for complete policy details.
Travel grant submissions are due to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Saturday, March 9, 2019. Any applications received after this date will not be accepted per policy F-11.
- Leader must be an ASNT member.
- Leader must hold current or incoming leadership position at local section.
- Leaders affiliated with chartered ASNT sections are eligible to apply for grants.
- Leaders affiliated with chartered ASNT sections that do not have funds to support leader travel and lodging expenses for SLCs or RPMs are eligible to apply for grants.
- Leaders applying for grants must confirm that their affiliated chartered ASNT section has submitted current year’s projected budget reports to ISC.
- Leaders who previously received grant reimbursement to attend SLC or RPM will not be considered for grant in the three (3) years following last SLC or RPM support grant received. (For example: leaders receiving grant in 2018 will not be eligible for grant consideration until 2021).
- No more than two (2) leaders from the same section can receive the grant per SLC or RPM event, per year.
- Leaders affiliated with a section that have a Projected Total Balance in the President’s Award Program
Annual Projected Budget of more than $6,000 will not be considered for grant.
- Reimbursement shall not exceed $1,500 and will be paid only if the grant recipient attends the SLC or RPM event in the year awarded.
- Grant will only cover the travel and lodging expenses of grant applicant.
- Original receipts and completed expense report are due to the Sections Coordinator at ISC from the grant recipient no later than fifteen (15) days after their attendance at SLC or RPM.
- Applications/requests for grants can be in the form of an email or written letter and submitted to the Sections Coordinator at ISC – email@example.com.
- Request must be made by leader requesting grant. Applications submitted on behalf of another leader will not be accepted.
- Applications/requests for grants must include:
- member name
- section name
- volunteer role (current or incoming)
- a minimum of fifty (50) words describing why the volunteer leader wants to attend the leadership and management training
- an email or letter of support from the Section Chair. If section chair is apply for grant, letter of support must come from section vice chair or secretary.
- estimated travel and lodging expense. Lodging reimbursement will only be provided for SLC/RPM host hotel. Lodging portion of estimate should reflect ASNT negotiated room rate and applicable taxes and fees.
- a copy of the section’s current year’s projected budget report
- Grant application/request is due no later than Saturday, March 24, 2018. Grants received after this date will not be reviewed.
For questions about the policy, please contact Debbie Segor at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 614-274-6003, ext. 235.