Be the worldwide leader in the development and delivery of NDT information and educational resources for the NDT industry.
1. Identify, acquire, and partner with other entities to expand ASNT’s content coverage.
Work with research and development organizations to publish information about emerging technologies.
Become more entrepreneurial; seek out innovators and reward their efforts through meaningful recognition programs.
Provide an online framework that enables members and volunteers to capture and share knowledge.
Increase the pool of qualified subject matter experts who are capable and available to participate in publications development (for example, writing and reviewing) in a thorough and timely manner.
Establish a state-of-the-art online NDT technology information exchange forum for training and reference.
Increase participation in presenting at conferences and in paper summary publications.
Seek opportunities to acquire other NDT publications.
Increase the resources in ASNT’s information technology department to aggressively utilize available media and communications technologies and maximize the availability of NDT information.
Review ASNT’s conference programs and published content for technical and programmatic gaps, and develop targeted plans to address these gaps.
Plan and host virtual NDT job fairs, recruiting Corporate Partners to participate.
Develop and deliver online NDT education and training content.
Develop self-study programs for individuals to get points for recertification.
Identify pathways for lifelong education and career development within the NDT profession, including theory, application, and skills for the practitioner, engineer, and researcher.
Introduce individuals into the profession.
Assist NDT professionals to remain technically current so they may advance in their careers, contribute to the ASNT Mission, and continue to grow in to the NDT community.
Establish policies and dedicate resources that support science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) education programs in the U.S.
Establish meaningful scholarship programs that support and encourage high school students to choose NDT as a career.
2. Focus content development in areas of highest value to members of the NDT community.
Determine the market for Level I study guides; develop if a need is identified.
Develop a companion guide to Recommended Practice No. SNT-TC-1A: Personnel Qualification and Certification in Nondestructive Testing using job task analysis to illustrate industry specific applications of SNT-TC-1A.
3. Increase the use of available technologies to provide resources globally and creatively to engage members, especially in underserved markets.
4. Expand promotion of NDT publication offerings.
5. Expand and improve collaboration between educational organizations and industry to better develop a trained and knowledgeable workforce.
Work with industry to support apprenticeship programs.
Work with engineering departments in colleges and universities to influence the curricula on NDT technologies.
Identify gaps in training and education programs, including continuing education unit programs.
Create an outreach program to Corporate Partner training facilities and Corporate Partners that have extensive in-house training programs.
Partner with training organizations to develop training programs using ASNT educational documents.
6. Create an online student portal on the ASNT website and other tools to connect NDT students to the training (paid or unpaid) they need to sit for an ASNT exam.
7. Become the accreditation body for NDT continuing education.
8. Provide resource materials for organizations starting NDT programs.
9. Monitor legislation that could impact the NDT landscape.
As an organization, the American Society for Nondestructive Testing (ASNT) is committed to carrying out its mission to create a safer world by promoting the profession and technologies of nondestructive testing.