NDT Level III Personnel Qualification Certification for ET - Electromagnetic Testing Outline
About Electromagnetic Testing (ET)
Electromagnetic testing is a general test category that includes Eddy Current testing, Alternating Current Field Measurement (ACFM), and Remote Field testing. While magnetic particle testing is also an electromagnetic test, due to its widespread use it is considered a stand-alone test method rather as than an electromagnetic testing technique. All of these techniques use the induction of an electric current or magnetic field into a conductive part, then the resulting effects are recorded and evaluated.
This examination is 4 hours in length, having 135 questions of equal value.
- Equipment Materials
- Factors affecting choice of sensing elements
- Read out selection
- Instrument design considerations
- Factors which affect coil impedance
- Selection of test frequency
- Field strength
The number in parentheses following each reference is the ASNT catalog number.
- Level III Study Guide: Eddy Current Testing (2257)
- NDT Handbook: Volume 5, Electromagnetic Testing (145)
- Fundamentals of Eddy Current Testing (470)
- Supplement to Recommended Practice No. SNT-TC-1A (Q&A Book) - Eddy Current/Flux Leakage Testing Method (2030)
ASNT offers an ET Refresher Course based on the above topical outline.