Recertification for ASNT NDT Level II Program
The period of certificate validity for all ASNT NDT Level II certificates is 60 months from the date of issue, with certification ending on the last day of the expiration month shown on the wallet card and certificate. ASNT NDT Level II personnel may renew in two ways, by application or by re-examination. Details of these processes are shown below.
To recertify by application a certificate holder:
- Must submit the appropriate ASNT Renewal application and fees;
- Must reaffirm the ASNT Level II Code of Ethics;
- Shall affirm continued active employment in Level II functions as related to the NDT Method(s) for which renewal is sought as noted below:
- Such employment must have covered at least 36 months during the current valid Certification period but not necessarily 36 consecutive months. There shall be no break greater than 12 consecutive months.
- At least 12 of the 24 months immediately preceding the expiration of the Certification must have been spent in Level II functions.
- The employer's signed attestation that the applicant has satisfactorily performed Level II NDT functions during the current certification period without significant interruption.
Personnel wishing to recertify by examination must fill out a new ASNT NDT Level II examination application in the same manner as was done for initial certification. The new expiration date for personnel that recertify by examination within 6 months of their current expiration date will be 5 years from their current expiration date. Personnel that recertify by examination more than 6 months prior to their current expiration date will receive new expiration dates 5 years from their date of successful re-examination.